ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE 2015-2016
As per the directives of AICTE, the following Anti-Ragging Committee has been constituted at Maryland Institute of Technology & Management (MITM) for the session 2015-2016.
- Mr. Madan Mohan Prasad : Faculty (9708647701)
- Mr. Anil Kumar : Faculty Member (9934109022)
- Dr. Tapas Kumar Mishra : Faculty Member (9835468425)
- Mrs. R. Nirmala Faculty Member (9934013907)
- Miss Shaheena Parween: Student Member
- Miss Nita Sinha: Student Member
- Mr. Vivek Kumar: Student Member
- Mr. Sachin Vishwakarma: Student Member
- Miss Maya Gupta: Student Member
- Mr. Ashok Choudhary : Non-Teaching Staff (8987450092)
- Mr. Shatrughan Prasad Gupta : Guardian
- Mr. Kulbinder Singh : Media (8235167415)
- Mr. Birender Paswan : Police Department (9431534577)
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in the institute and all students admitted to this institution shall have to furnish an affidavit signed by them and their parents/guardian promising not to indulge in any act of ragging.
It shall be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of regulations of AICTE as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging, and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging squad in prevention of ragging in the institute.
Constitution of Anti Ragging Squad
Anti Ragging Squad will maintain vigil, oversight and patrolling functions and shall remain mobile, alert and active all times. It is also ensured that the anti-ragging squad shall have only the representation of various members of the campus community and shall have no outside representation. The following are currently the members of the anti-ragging squad:
- Sanjay Kumar : Squad Leader (9931917958)
- Sanjeev Kumar: Member (9122131558)
- Ms. Jaya Kumari: Member (8863048663)
- Mr. Mukesh Kumar : Member (8434586663)
Functions and duties of Anti-Ragging Squad:
- To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all round the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- Conduct anonymous random surveys among fresher's to check whether the campus is indeed free from ragging.
- To conduct on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the head of the institution or any member of the faculty or any member of the staff or any student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or by any other person, as the case may be; and the enquiry report along with the recommendations shall be submitted to the anti-ragging committee for action.
- To ensure the display of posters on the institute notice boards and other prominent places.
- To monitor the welfare of fresh students outside the campus.
Appointment of Counselors
MITM has also appointed counselors, who will provide counseling for the ragging related issues. The following members will provide the counseling service:
- Mr. Madan Mohan Prasad : (9708647770)
- Mr. Anil Kumar : (9934109022)